2 a.m. Kitchen Fire Displaces Edgewood Family
The blaze took place early Tuesday on Harpark Court, officials said.
Smoke detectors sounded and saved an Edgewood family from a kitchen fire early Tuesday morning, officials said.
A fire broke out around 2:35 a.m. Tuesday in a townhouse located on the 600 block of Harpark Court in Edgewood, according to a release from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.
Crews arrived within four minutes to find smoke coming from a two-story townhouse.
The blaze began when a pot on the stove spread to nearby cabinets. Residents were asleep on the second floor and were alerted by detectors, fire officials said.
"Having working smoke detectors in the residence contributed to no civilians being injured during this incident," the release stated.
Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company said the fire caused approximately $2,500 damage to the home.
Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department and Abingdon Fire Company assisted, according to the JMVFC release.
For updates on Harford County news, follow HarfordCoPatch on Twitter.