Ripken: Family Still Feels Safe In Aberdeen
Patch asked Cal Ripken during Friday's news conference if he and his family feel safe in their home town after their mother, Vi Ripken, was abducted from her home last week.
Cal Ripken grew up in Aberdeen.
His mom is still a resident in the city where he grew up and went to grade school.
Vi Ripken is still a visible figure in the city—volunteering, participating in events and patronizing local businesses.
So Patch asked Cal Ripken during Friday's news conference if he and his family still feel safe in their hometown after Vi Ripken was abducted at gunpoint last week.
Violet Ripken, 74, was taken from her home by a man hiding in her garage between 7 and 8 a.m. on July 24, and returned unharmed to her neighborhood, where she was found tied up in her car around 6:15 a.m. on July 25, police said.
Stay with Patch for updates.
- VIDEO: Emotional Ripken Recalls Night His Mom Was Abducted
- IronMan Emotional Discussing 'Premeditated' Abduction Of His Mother
- Vi Ripken Not Living at Home Since Abduction
- Police: No Big Breaks In Vi Ripken Abduction Case
- Cal Ripken Will Address Mother's Abduction In News Conference
- Billboards Feature Suspect In Vi Ripken Case
- Police Release Sketch Of Suspect In Alleged Vi Ripken Abduction
- Police Release Video In Vi Ripken Abduction Case
- Aberdeen Police Continue To Investigate Vi Ripken Abduction Case
- PHOTOS: Suspect In Vi Ripken Abduction
- VIDEO: Aberdeen Police Discuss Vi Ripken Case
- Vi Ripken Safe After Being Abducted, Motive Unknown