Okay. I know I'm always talking about deals on deal on deals. You may be wondering what I've stockpiled during my years of frugal fashioning. The truth is, A LOT--some things that I don't need and have since donated or sold.
I have held onto a good number of things so here are my favorites. I'll count down to my #1 item.
5. Pink Pleated Skirt: Thrifted! I snagged this and a purple one just like it at Diversity Thrift in Richmond, VA. Each was about $3.00! It's a great piece to show off some color this summer!
4. Silver Plaster Mirror: Okay, so I can't exactly wear this (at least without difficulty). But it was a steal! And it fit in perfectly with the rest of my decor. I stumbled upon it at Head of the Bay Antiques in Darlington. It is one-of-a-kind andit only put me back $18.00.
3. Brown Leather Clutch: I was at the Little Black Dress Event this past year and spotted this gem on the "Grab Bag" table for $5.00! I later discovered that it's genuine Italian leather and goes with just about 95% of my wardrobe. Not too shabby.
2. Lucky Brand Over-the-Knee Leather Boots: By far a deal made by fate. Now, this was a tough call to make between this and number one. But when I didn't get these for Christmas one year (I had seen them discounted at TJMaxx at $129), I google-shopped them. Voila! There they were. One pair left. Aaaand they happened to be my size. $70.00. Done.
1. Skinny Braided Leather Belt: The reason this beat out the best boots of all time is the amazing price I got. This was really a diamond in the rough. I was strolling in Carytown in Richmond, VA and stopped in an 'antique' store. There were a lot of things that I could pass up easier than an itchy theme sweater. But I was intrigued. Buried in a full rack of belts, was this. I had nothing like it and needed it. I wrangled it out and found out the price--$2.00!!! Yes. That was worth 3 exclamation points. I've had it for years and I wear it again and again. It never fails to finish off so many of my outfits perfectly.
What's the best deal you've ever gotten? Is it still one of your faves?