The London Olympic Games marked a milestone for
television, becoming the most-watched event in history. And beginning
today, the Sochi Games are expected to become the most technologically advanced
viewing experience of any Winter Olympiad.
But what does this really mean for viewers? For Xfinity TV customers, it means the ability to watch every moment of Olympics action across multiple platforms and in more ways than ever before.
Fans can follow the latest news and events from Sochi by:
- Streaming over 1,000 hours of live event content directly to your television – for the first time ever – through integration of NBC’s Sports Live Extra into the Xfinity X1 entertainment operating system. All customers can access that content by visiting www.xfinity.com/NBCOlympics.
- Keeping up to date with the X1 Sports app, which will feature Olympics-specific content, including medal counts and the ability to search and tune-in live coverage, as well as Xfinity On Demand titles.
- Signing in with your Comcast credentials at www.xfinity.com/NBCOlympics and on the NBC Sports Live Extra app to access up to 25 live streams a day showcasing every single event. Xfinity TV and Internet customers will be auto-authenticated while in-home and will only have to provide a username and password after logging-out. We’ve also made it easier to retrieve forgotten credentials at MyComcastID.com.
- Watching 500+ hours of Olympics programming on five NBC networks (NBC, NBC Sports, CNBC, MSNBC and USA).
- Catching up with more than 650 Xfinity On Demand titles – that’s over 200 hours of Olympics content.
- Discovering what you want to watch with Xfinity’s guide for all things Olympics at www.xfinity.com/NBCOlympics. The site includes enhanced TV listings showing Olympic content available across TV, On Demand and online and allows customers to remotely tune their TVs to live broadcasts or On Demand Olympics programming, or to set DVR recordings.
- Watching what’s trending online instantly with SeeIt!, which will allow Twitter users to directly connect to trending Olympic content by live tuning their TVs, setting their DVRs or even playing some content on their mobile device.
- Using the Xfinity TV Go app to seamlessly access content from the NBC Live Extra app once authenticated.
- Getting instant access. For the first time, new Xfinity TV Digital Starter and above customers can receive credentials immediately so they can start viewing Olympics content online and on mobile devices before any equipment is installed and set-up in their home.