Harford community leaders will pull out their dancing shoes and bust out their best moves September 21 for the 6th Annual Dancing for the Arts Gala at Bulle Rock Residents’ Club.
Proceeds from the annual dancing event will benefit the Center for the Arts as they move forward to build a regional Center for the Arts in Harford County.
The “Stars” are taking private dance lessons with professional dance instructors from Dancing with Friends.
The evening will include an open bar, food, the dancing competition, live auction, and dancing after the competition.
Live auction items will include a 14kt Rose Gold Diamond Infinity Necklace valued at $1,500—donated by Saxon’s Diamond Centers; five days and four nights at the Ocean Spa Hotel or Laguna Suites Golf and Spa in Cancun, Mexico; VIP tickets to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Wheel of Fortune and more.
The Honorary Chair is Tamera Rush, Vice President Defense STG, Inc. and winner of the “Judges Choice Award” at the 2012 gala. The emcee is Jamie Costello, news anchor for ABC2 News.
The Harford “Stars” include:
- Robert Buden-Aka Mr. Havre de Grace
- Jim Costigan-Retired Colonel & Site Manager, General Dynamics C4 Systems
- Carolyn Evans-Partner, Sengstacke & Evans, LLC
- Lisa Feulner, M.D.- Ophthalmologist, Advanced Eye Care
- Linda Goetz-Director Nurse Anesthetists, University of Maryland Medical Center/R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
- Suzanne Green-Director, Y of Central Maryland, Walter & Betty Ward Family Center
- Dave Harper-Realtor, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Mary Anne Medeiros-Owner, Salon Marielle
- N. Lee Price-Major General, U.S. Army
The dancing “Stars” will compete for a variety of awards. The public can help choose the Top Fundraising Award by going to www.DancingForTheArts.org to vote for their favorite dancer by making a donation to the Center for the Arts. Gala attendees will have the opportunity to continue voting at the event.
Tickets for the gala are $175 a person and can be purchased online at www.DancingfortheArts.org. Contact Rebecca Jessop at RJessop@HarfordCFA.org or at 410-838-2177 with any questions.