Police say six out of seven indecent exposure incidents that took place within the past week may be related to .
Each recent incident involved a man "masturbating in public," according to Monica Worrell, public information officer with the .
“We’ve had eight calls for service reporting this in seven different locations,” Worrell said Friday. “Less than six are verified reports which indicate similarities, in the area between Patterson Mill and Vale Road."
These most recent incidents were reported to police between April 13 and April 18.
“The subject has not approached anyone, although the majority have not involved exposing, they’ve actually involved masturbating in public,” Worrell said.
Worrell said investigators have not ruled out the possibility that earlier in the year.
In March, Worrell told Patch a small number of about a dozen incidents reported within a 90-day period between January and March appeared to be related. Police have not specified the addresses of the incidents that are believed to be related.
"It does look like there was a bit of a hiatus between mid-March to mid-April,” Worrell said. “But they’ve picked up again."
One similar situation in February , but Worrell said the reported sightings this week were all witnessed by adult women.
"Our citizens have done a good job of calling us with some better descriptions than provided at first," Worrell said.
She encouraged people who witness indecent exposure to obtain the best description possible including age, race, height, gender and any distinguishing features.
Worrell said police ask members of the community not to confront a person involved in a crime.
"Law enforcement would like to remind citizens to call 911 immediately if confronted," Worrell said.
The most recent incidents took place at the following times and locations:
- On April 13 around 3:30 p.m. on Hunters Run Drive near Bright Oaks in Bel Air.
- On April 14 around 1:30 p.m. in the area of Laurel Bush Road and Hunters Run Terrace in Bel Air.
- On April 15 around 3 p.m. on Bonnett Place in Bel Air.
- On April 17 around 6:30 a.m. in the area of Lee Way and Pennsylvania Avenue within Bel Air town limits.
- On April 17 around 4:45 p.m. in the area of Point To Point Road and Laurel Bush Road in Bel Air.
- On April 17 around 7 p.m. in the area of Red Pump Road and Vale Road n Bel Air.
- April 18 around 6:30 a.m. in the area of in Bel Air.