.

Heavy Smoke at Abingdon Senior Living Complex: Fire Officials

The building was evacuated, Harford County emergency personnel said.

Fire was reported in the 3000 block of St. Clair Drive in Abingdon. (Credit: MapQuest)
Fire was reported in the 3000 block of St. Clair Drive in Abingdon. (Credit: MapQuest)
Firefighters temporarily evacuated a senior living complex in Abingdon Wednesday night due to smoke coming from one of the units, officials said.

Before 9 p.m. on Wednesday, crews were called to Abingdon Gardens—a Catholic Charities senior living community in the 3000 block of St. Clair Drive—when a fire alarm activated and there was heavy smoke on the third floor, according to the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association.

Multiple fire companies responded to help find the cause of the smoke, which turned out to be from food left unattended on a stove, the association reported.

There were no injuries, and officials said the building would remain evacuated until the smoke was cleared.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »