.

Bel Air Teen Dies Of Suspected Overdose

The Bel Air resident is the second young adult in the Marywood development to die of a suspected drug overdose within two months.

A Bel Air man died in his home of a suspected drug overdose Saturday. His is the second overdose death of a young person in that community within the past two months.

Patrick Miorada, 19, was found dead in his basement bedroom in the 1400 block of Saint Francis Road in the Marywood development off Route 24, according to Monica Worrell, public information officer with the .

Miorada's father checked on the teen shortly after 10 a.m., and when he couldn't wake him, attempted CPR then contacted law enforcement, said.

Police believe the death was related to a drug addiction and a controlled dangerous substance may have been involved, Worrell said.

Worrell said it is unclear at this time what kind of substance may have been involved.

Miorada is the second 19-year-old from the Marywood community to die of a suspected drug overdose since Christmas.

Alyssa Whelan, 19, of the 200 block of Drexel Drive in Bel Air, within a 24-hour period the week between Christmas and New Years.

Drexel Drive intersects with Saint Francis Road in the Marywood community.

Miorada, known as "Jake," is the son of Patrick M. Miorada and the late Patrice M. Noyes, according to his online obituary. Miorada's brother, Christopher Miorada, died of a drug overdose several years ago.

Colin February 24, 2012 at 01:37 PM
RIP Jake cant believe it man
Wings February 24, 2012 at 03:16 PM
Wow that poor family lost TWO sons from drugs. I just don't understand what is going on anymore. And this makes 4 overdose deaths in the same area in the past few months. I have a feeling this crap is coming from the same person, they need to find out who that is soon. These kids don't realize that what they are consuming or injecting may not be the same at all to what they have done before. You get these drug dealers putting all sorts of "fillers" in make the drug more profitable. That can be anything from drain cleaner to rat poison. We need to educate our kids beyond just "don't do drugs". THey need to know what might really be in that hit they are about to take.
Peter Nincompoop February 24, 2012 at 06:34 PM
The dangerous uncertain nature of drugs is only made worse by prohibition, because you are exactly right dealers and producers put any number of chemicals into street drugs. Removing drug prohibition will help this in a number of ways 1) the purity of drugs can be controlled with government regulation, 2) who drugs are sold to can be regulated and drug addicts can talk to health care professionals reaching an at risk population who are hesitant to speak with anyone because of the legality of drugs, and this will also slow the spread of infectious diseases between drug users. Drug prohibition has failed and this story is a sad reminder of that. People are going to get high regardless of the legality of drugs, all we can do is try to help drug addicts with their addiction.
J.Sinclair February 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM
It is coming from the same person. The house that Jaime Lynn Lidlow died in and everyone knows it. Been going on for a long time no arrest.
JEFF RAMSEY February 25, 2012 at 05:27 AM
I knew his brother Chris from a class in high school. Always was a class clown but was a good kid. Shame this family has to go through this. Hope the family gets through this ok
Hazzard Native February 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Over 80% of the overdose deaths in Harford County last year were due to prescription drugs; some obtained directly from a doctor and pharmacy by the deceased, and some from the black market. Either way, there are tons of doctors prescribing tons of medicines, to tons of people who do not need them.
the Hazards of Hazzard County February 26, 2012 at 03:42 AM
@ J.Sinclair: There is no indication that the drugs in these overdoses have come from the same person. I actually live with the family of one of the overdose victims, and the police have notified us that the heroin that Alyssa and John used DID NOT come from the same source as the drugs that Jamie used. Please do not make assumptions about this situation before you know ALL of the FACTS. And to everyone else: Remember that drug addiction is a VERY serious disease. When Alyssa, John, and Jamie died, many people on this patch were making disturbing comments about how these people were to blame for their own problems and that we should not be shocked or mourning. These people were indeed people; they were someone's child... they just had a disease that is impossible to cure, and extremely hard to control. Remember these families, and all the other families of addicts who have died or are still suffering while still looking at some of the issues that we can change; our schools have all but completely cut drug education in our classrooms. Our children may not realize the extreme danger of using these drugs 'just once'. Just once can easily turn into an everyday addiction. Please help us to get the word out and educate our young people.
Dakota J February 26, 2012 at 06:04 AM
I was reading a fine arts blog a couple of hours ago and then I saw this, metaphorically speaking my heart aches for this death. My love and hope goes to this young man and his family.
Yvonne Harris February 27, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Our county is infested with drugs. Our children are paying the price with their lives
notimetoosoon February 27, 2012 at 06:14 PM
Everyone has something to say on paper but where are the 'VOICES' where it really needs to be heard? Where are these people who care, love and have compassion for our youth? Where are you when the county council, board of ed, our legislatures, etc need to hear from you. Please, please show your support by having a voice and help to save another youth. Don't they deserve better from us adults, parents and the community? We all need to be educated about the real harsh consequences of these drugs. After all, we as parents, in the end when all is said and done have to deal with the outcome and its not pretty. If a youth is lucky enough to survive the heroin, pres drugs, etc they have a very long road ahead and so do we the parents. Thank you and please let your voice be heard!!!
Yvonne Harris February 27, 2012 at 07:39 PM
It is true that only a handful of us have been making our voices heard. Where is the outcry from our community ?
tracey February 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Our children get some "drug education" in school, but for some reason, think certain drugs are ok/safe because they are prescription meds. ANY DRUG mis-used/abused/taken in a manner not prescribed, blah blah is dangerous. Abuse of prescription medications is an EPIDEMIC in this country. Love your children. Talk to your children. Watch your children. Listen to your children. Question your children. If you have any suspicion or doubt, TEST your children, and get treatment for your children (and yourself). Maintain a high level of involvement in your child's life. They STILL need you!!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »