.

Fire Marshal: Space Heater Caused Edgewood Blaze

A fire in Edgewood Saturday night caused $15,000 in damage, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said.

Fire broke out in the 1900 block of Steven Drive, Edgewood, on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014.
Fire broke out in the 1900 block of Steven Drive, Edgewood, on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014.
Three people, including a 9-year-old boy, were being assisted by family members after a fire broke out Saturday evening in their Edgewood home.

A neighbor discovered the fire in the 1900 block of Steven Drive at 7:42 p.m., the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported.

Twenty-five firefighters from Joppa-Magnolia, Abingdon and APG responded to the blaze, bringing it under control in 10 minutes, according to the fire marshal.

The fire was ruled an accident, originating in the front bedroom of the one-story, manufactured home, where a space heater was placed near combustibles, the report stated.

There was $10,000 in structural damage and $5,000 in damage to items inside the home, according to the fire marshal.

Family members were providing assistance to the owner of the home in addition to her 9-year-old son and her boyfriend, the fire marshal said.
eheat February 11, 2014 at 05:48 AM
Get the best wall mounted panel heaters for your home from eHeat. These slim, safe, silent, and stylish wall mount room heaters can save you up to 50% on your home heating bills. Stay warm and save this winter. Buy yours today. <a href="http://www.eheat.com">wall mounted panel heater</a>

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something