Electrical Malfunction Torched Jarrettsville Garage, Fire Marshal Says

Two Harley-Davidson motorcycles were among the vehicles inside the garage Thursday when the fire broke out.

Fire in the 4100 block of Madonna Road, Jarrettsville. (Credit: Norrisville Fire Company)
Fire in the 4100 block of Madonna Road, Jarrettsville. (Credit: Norrisville Fire Company)
A malfunction in the electrical wiring of a Jarrettsville garage was deemed the cause of a fire Thursday afternoon that resulted in $100,000 in damage, according to a report from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which occurred in the two-car garage attached to a rancher-style home in the 4100 block of Madonna Road, according to the report.

One of the homeowners discovered the fire at 1:37 p.m., the report stated.

Forty firefighters—from Jarrettsville, Bel Air, Fallston, Norrisville, Jacksonville and Fawn Grove—responded to the blaze and controlled it within 20 minutes, the fire marshal reported.

For the most part, the fire was contained to the garage, where two Harley-Davidson motorcycles and a Ford Explorer were parked; however, the house sustained minor damage from soot and smoke, according to the fire marshal.

The fire caused $50,000 in structural damage, the report stated. In addition, $50,000 worth of items inside the structure were lost.

There was a smoke alarm in the home, but the alarm did not activate, the fire marshal said.

Related: Crews Extinguish Fire in Jarrettsville Garage Engulfed by Flames


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »