.

Whiteford Blaze Caused $150K in Damage, Fire Marshal Says

One person was displaced, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

A fire in Whiteford Friday morning displaced one person and caused $150,000 in damage, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

The fire in the 2600 block of Whiteford Road was discovered by a passerby at 7:20 a.m. on Friday, according to the fire marshal's report.

It took 20 firefighters from Whiteford, Norrisville, Delta-Cardiff and Fawn Grove approximately 20 minutes to control the blaze, the report said.

The fire started in a bedroom where a space heater was placed next to combustibles, the fire marshal said.

Neither sprinklers nor a smoke alarm was present, the report stated.

There was $50,000 in structural damage to the rancher home, and items inside valued at $100,000 were damaged as well, according to the fire marshal.

The fire marshal said that Harford County and the Red Cross were providing the person who lived there with assistance.

Related: Fire in Whiteford Home Draws Crews from Harford, York

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »