.

Fire Marshal: Greenridge Blaze Started with Pellet Stove

The Office of the State Fire Marshal provided damage estimate, cause of fire on Redfield Road.

Working fire on Redfield Road; Jan. 7, 2014. (Credit: Michelle Goldman)
Working fire on Redfield Road; Jan. 7, 2014. (Credit: Michelle Goldman)
house fire in Greenridge Tuesday night started when items were placed too close to a pellet stove in the basement, the Office of the State Fire Marshal reported.

The homeowners reported the fire in the 1600 block of Redfield Road at 7:30 p.m., according to the fire marshal.

It took approximately 45 minutes for firefighters from Bel Air, Fallston, Level and Abingdon to put out the blaze, the report stated.

There was a working smoke alarm in the home, the fire marshal said.

As a result of the fire, there was $75,000 in structural damage and $25,000 in damage to items inside the home, according to the fire marshal. Nobody was injured, according to the report.

The fire marshal advised keeping items a minimum of six inches from a pellet stove but noted people should consult the owners' manual for their heater.

Related: Family of 4 Displaced after Fire in Greenridge

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »