.

No Injuries in Harford Square Kitchen Fire

The fire was reported just after 7 a.m. Friday.

1300 Harford Square Ct., Edgewood (Credit: MapQuest)
1300 Harford Square Ct., Edgewood (Credit: MapQuest)
A kitchen fire drew multiple fire companies to an Edgewood home Friday morning, the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company said.

At 7:02 a.m., firefighters from Joppa-Magnolia, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Kingsville and Abingdon were alerted to a dwelling fire in the 1300 block of Harford Square Drive, the report stated. Joppa-Magnolia said its crew arrived first and saw no smoke showing but open entering, found the fire and quickly put it out with hoses.

A malfunctioning stove caused the fire, which started on the stove top and spread to the kitchen cabinets, according to Joppa-Magnolia.

Damage was estimated to be $2,500, according to the report, which stated that nobody was injured and the resident—the only one home at the time—was able to escape unharmed.

"The JMVFC volunteers returned to their fire stations, but were not even able to get a cup of coffee before the alarm bell sounded again," said Joppa-Magnolia, which responded to a multiple-vehicle crash requiring the jaws of life in an incident unrelated to but less than half a mile away from and within the hour of the townhouse fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »