.

Hazmat Situation Cleared Out Abingdon Plumbing Business

The business on Continental Drive was evacuated for investigation Thursday afternoon.

Harford County's hazardous materials team responded to an incident at an Abingdon plumbing business Thursday afternoon where several people reported being burned by an unknown substance, a public safety official said.

At 1:30 p.m. Thursday, the building at Bogan's Plumbing on the 1300 block of Continental Drive was evacuated so Harford County hazardous materials personnel could investigate, Harford County Volunteer Fire and EMS spokesman Rich Gardiner said.

Three people were treated for medical issues by Abingdon Fire Company, Gardiner said, and they were taken to a local hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.

The hazardous materials team collected samples of the product in question and initial tests indicated that it was not hazardous, Gardiner said. According to Gardiner, a lab will conduct further testing, and the incident remains under investigation.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »