.

Jarrettsville Fire Causes Damage of $100K

Investigators believe the fire started in the home's kitchen.

A malfunctioning microwave ignited a fire inside a Jarrettsville home over the weekend, causing about $100,000 in damage.

Around 8:50 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11, the owner of a one-story rancher in the 3400 block of N. Furnace Road discovered a fire inside his home, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

An estimated 50 firefighters from Jarrettsville, Bel Air and Fallston arrived at the scene to battle the blaze, according to the release.

Crews controlled the fire within about 20 minutes.

Investigators believe the fire started accidentally in the kitchen when a microwave malfunctioned. The fire caused about $80,000 damage to the building and about $20,000 damage to its contents, officials stated.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »