.

Joppa Garage Fire Causes 27K In Damage

The fire broke out Tuesday in the 800 block of Bradley Road.

An accidental fire in Joppa caused thousands in damage Tuesday evening, but no injuries were reported as a result of the blaze.

Around 5:30 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 800 block of Bradley Road in Joppa, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

Forty firefighters from Joppa Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department and Kingsville Fire Company controlled the fire within 15 minutes, according to the release.

Investigators believe the fire began in the garage when an electrical service panel malfunctioned.

The fire cause about $25,000 damage to the single story rancher and about $2,000 damage to what was inside it, the release states.

No injuries were reported.

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »