.

Malfunction Burns Construction Equipment in Bel Air

The fire happened early Saturday morning on Cedarwood Drive in Harford County.

A malfunctioning charging system caused an equipment fire early Saturday at a construction site in Bel Air.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said crews from Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company responded around 12:31 a.m. on Jan. 12 to the 1500 block of Cedarwood Drive in Bel Air. A neighbor first reported the blaze, which occurred in the rear of a construction site, the fire marshal said.

The fire caused $4,000 in damage to a Caterpillar 973 Crawler Loader owned by a Harford County construction company, according to the fire marshal's release.

Officials said there were no injuries.

The fire originated in the engine compartment, and was ruled accidental, the cause listed as "an electrical malfunction within the charging system," the release read.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office also responded to the fire, according to the fire marshal.


For more fire and police news in Bel Air, click here

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »