Fire officials are investigating a house fire on Shamrock Road in Bel Air Thursday night that they say caused $30,000 in total damage.
According to a release from the fire department, the fire broke out in the 100 block of South Shamrock Road at 10:43 p.m. Thursday night. The fire was started due to a malfunction of the dryer in the basement of the home, officials said.
The home did have smoke detectors, however they never activated, according to a release.
It took 25 firefighters 30 minutes to battle the blaze. The fire caused $20,000 in structural damage and $10,000 in contents. No one was injured in the blaze.
The occupants of the home are being assisted by family members.