The increase is to take effect Feb. 10 but before then, citizens may weigh in on the issue at the town meeting. There is a public hearing on the issue on Jan. 21. See the proposed legislation to amend the sewer service rate and find out what else is on the agenda, below.
The following agenda was posted on the Town of Bel Air website.
Commissioners of Bel Air Agenda; January 21, 2014
The meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Town Hall, 39 N. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Student Achievement Award: Bel Air High School Student Benjamin Barsam
- Toy Bear Donation to the Bel Air Police Department from Carley Bynion
- Employee Recognition: PCO Karla Melchior and PCO Janice Parrino
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Ordinance No. 765-14—An increase to the town’s sewer service rate
7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Ordinance No. 765-14—An increase to the town’s sewer service rate
8. NEW BUSINESS
- (Withdrawn: Ordinance No. 766-14 Rezoning Dr. Sood’s property along 722 S. Main St.)
- Revision to finance policy signing of checks
- Acceptance of Fiscal Year 2013 Town Audit
- Rockfield Manor Restroom Improvements
- Appointment: Fran Johnson to Board of Appeals
- Re-Appointment: Tim Coale to Historic Preservation Commission
- Re-Appointment: Pat Riley to Cultural Arts Commission
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS
11. COMMISSIONERS' COMMENTS
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE