"Melting snow left many roads wet, which then iced over as temperatures in
the county fell below freezing Sunday," Harford County Emergency Manager
Rick Ayers said.
"The result of the subfreezing temperatures has left many roads and bridges covered with a thin layer of ice, which ultimately caused a number of
accidents," Ayers added.
Specifically, the Harford County 911 call center reported these roads were problematic:
- MD Route 543 (several areas) in Bel Air
- 1700 block of Singer Road in Abingdon
- US Route 1 northbound at Bel Air Bypass
- Red Pump Road and St. Francis Road in Bel Air
- 3600 block of Old Level Road in Level