1. Ravens' Haloti Ngata Stops By Hickory Elementary
Fifth-graders at Hickory Elementary got a jaw-dropping surprise on Tuesday when Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata walked into the school.
2. Saint Margaret Named National Blue Ribbon School
Saint Margaret School in Bel Air recently received a National Blue Ribbon School Award. The designation is the highest academic honor bestowed upon a school by the U.S. government.
3. Bel Air Reacts to Shutdown: ‘Making Me Sick to My Stomach’
For the many Bel Air residents left without work and mounting frustrations, the reaction to the government shutdown can be summed up in a few simple words:
“This is making me sick to my stomach,” Crystal L Parker said onBel Air Patch’s Facebook page.
4. Comic Store Coming to Main Street in Bel Air
One of the regions top comic stores will soon take up residence in Bel Air. Collectors Corner will open in February 2014 at 17 N. Main Street in Bel Air.
5. More Than 10,000 APG Employees Furloughed in Government Shutdown
Two-thirds of the employees at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) were furloughed when the federal government shut down Oct. 1 and "myriad organizations shuttered their doors by the end of the day," according to a statement APG released Friday.