The fire took place early Saturday morning at the restaurant at Plumtree Road.
An electrical issue in a deep fryer caused a fire early Saturday at a McDonald's in Emmorton. According to Rich Gardiner of the Harford County Fire & EMS Association, crews from the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company's Patterson Mill firehouse responded at 1:28 a.m. Saturday to the restaurant at the corner of Emmorton and Plumtree roads. No injuries were reported. Bel Air, Abingdon and Joppa volunteer crews responded, and extinguishers were used to control the fire, Gardiner said. A manager at McDonald's said the location wasn't open as of 9:35 a.m. Saturday, but that staff was hoping to have the restaurant open by 11 a.m. — Follow HarfordCoPatch on Twitter for breaking news.